We are so excited to provide you with our virtual wellness platform, available anytime from anywhere: Y Wellness 24/7.
Y Wellness 24/7 is available exclusively to our members, providing live and on-demand group exercise, and sports and play programs with 29 YMCAs, representing Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and New York. The platform also includes access to 1000s of on-demand classes from instructors nationwide including classes in training, mindfulness, nutrition, stress management, and more.
Beginning Wednesday, January 20, our virtual wellness platform will celebrate a brand new engagement experience providing over 150 live classes per week, and 100s of classes on-demand led by over 120 nurturing and motivating YMCA instructors. The weekly live classes will now include NEW choices such as cycling, Tai Chi, dance jam, country heat, cardio sculpt, bootcamp, and licensed classes such as RUMBLE, PIYO and TURBO KICK. Plus, over 20 NEW senior classes per week such as ZUMBA GOLD, Better Balance, Senior Circuit, and more! We will frequently update our library with on-demand classes conveniently available to you anytime, anywhere you want to participate!
How To Access Y Wellness 24/7
Contact the Y Wellness 24/7 Team
Live Classes From YMCA of Reading and Berks County Instructors – Effective 1/20/2021
Sunrise Yoga with Renee*
- Mondays @ 9:30 AM | 45 mins
Core & More with Kristi*
- Mondays @ 7:00 PM | 45 mins
POUND FIT with Heather*
- Tuesdays @ 6:00 PM | 1 hr.
BODYPUMP with Renee
- Thursdays @ 9:30 AM | 45 mins
Zumba with Joi*
- Fridays @ 6:00 PM | 1 hr.
* Indicates class will be recorded and made available on-demand.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there an additional cost for this service?
- No, the virtual platform is included with your YMCA of Reading and Berks County membership.
Can I access live classes from Y instructors and instructors of other organizations?
- Yes! In addition to the classes offered by our YMCA of Reading and Berks County instructors, members will be able to access thousands of classes from instructors nationwide.
Why does it not look like the ZOOM format?
- In respect to members’ privacy, the Zoom standard of being able to see everyone participating in the class is not part of our new virtual platform. In the coming months, you will be able to invite up to 30 friends/family members also enrolled in the virtual platform to join you for an on-demand class that you schedule.
I do not see my favorite instructor on the virtual platform, how come?
- YMCA of Reading and Berks County has welcomed all group exercise instructors to participate in the virtual platform. Some instructors, for personal reasons, declined to participate in this new virtual journey. All of our instructors are highly qualified, caring and motivating professionals and we are so grateful for their presence at our Y, however not all instructors will choose participate on this platform.
How often will the class library be updated?
- The Y Wellness 24/7 on-demand library will be updated with 60+ classes each Friday. You can take classes with YMCA instructors as well as instructors from across the globe whenever you access the platform.
Can my family participate in Y Wellness 24/7?
- Yes! You can add up to 4 members of your household to your Y Wellness 24/7 account, as long as you have a family or senior family membership.
I have a Y membership paid for by my insurance and love your online classes. Can I access your new virtual platform?
- Members with Renew Active CAN participate in Y Wellness 24/7, as it is covered by your insurance. Insurance members with Tivity or Gympass benefits are not covered at this time.
TROUBLESHOOTING & INSTRUCTIONS
There are a lot of classes; how do I find my favorite instructors?
- If you like a specific instructor, we recommend that you use the “follow” feature to save favorite instructors to your account. To follow an instructor, click on a class hosted by that instructor. Navigate to the three tabs (class, reviews, instructor) at the bottom of the page. Click on “Instructor” and then click “FOLLOW.”
Can I see the virtual platform on my television?
- There are a few ways to connect to your TV from a mobile device. You can use a wired connection (more information here). Or depending on your device, you can also stream classes directly to a smart TV.
- Apple iOS devices can cast to Chromecast enabled devices and have the ability to use Apple’s native Screen Mirror feature.
- Android app versions higher than 4.3.6 are able to cast to the following devices:
- Fire TV Stick
- Due to the variety of devices and operating systems we recommend consulting the help documents or website associated with your specific mobile device and/or smart TV.
My screen is not clear? Connection seems fuzzy?
- Click the blue NETWORK button on the bottom left of your screen to determine if your connection is strong or if there are network issues on your end. If your connection looks good, please email Ashlea Grezlak at firstname.lastname@example.org to report this issue.
I cannot hear audio for my class using my phone.
- Click the new RESET AUDIO button to re-sync the audio on your device. This should correct the issue but if you continue to have issues please email Ashlea Grezlak at email@example.com to report.
I’m using my phone and my screen is blank?
- This could be due to your browser settings. Adjust the settings on your phone to allow Safari (iPhone) or your current browser access to camera and microphone.
I had a login to the virtual wellness platform before and now it’s not working.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as they can quickly correct this issue.
Why can’t I see myself when I click the ‘camera’? Why can’t I invite friends?
- We see those features too! Those features are currently in development and are not currently working. But they are coming soon!